Table of Contents:
A. About Us.
C. Information We Collect.
D. How We Use the Information We Collect.
E. Maximum Information Retention Period.
F. How We Share Your Information.
H. International Transfers.
J. Contact Us.
A. About Us
This extension is operated by i-Gate Media Solutions Ltd..
We collect information from your device through the extension.
C. Information We Collect
1. Information collected directly from you through our platform -
Identifiers: We identify your device based on a unique user ID we generate, and your IP address. We also use your IP address to infer the country and city in which you are located.
General technical information about your device: This information includes your type of browser(s), your IP address, your computer operating system details, andthe default homepage, start page, and new tab of your browser. We collect and use this information to enable the Services to work as it is intended, maintain, measure the performance of and improve the Services. We also collect your search query, but we will not use it for any purpose other than providing you with search results.
Interaction with our extension: An indication of your interactions with our extension.
2. Information received from distribution partners -
We receive from partners that distribute our extension information about the installation of the extension.
D. How We Use the Information We Collect:
As stated above, our platform allows Publisher Partners to offer you with additional software suggestions when you browse or download software from their website. Below is a general description of how we use your information across our services:
1. Operating the extension - We use your information to the extent necessary to operate the extension and ensure compatibility with your device.
2. Analytics, reporting and billing - We use your information to analyze your interactions with the extension, generate reports, and bill search results providers.
3. Internal Operations - We use your information for internal operations, such as debugging, support, security, and improving our services.
4. Advertising – We use your information in order to show you ads and offers.
5. Compliance with legal obligations - We may use your information to comply with applicable legal obligations.
The GDPR Angle:
6. We act as a controller and process personal data on the basis of our contract with you – When we process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above, we process such data on the basis of our contract with you.
7. Legal necessity - We may process your information for compliance with applicable legal obligations.
8. Data subject rights - Please note that you have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data we process as controllers, or to erase your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR. In order to submit a request, please send an email with your request to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will process your request subject to verification of your identity.
9. Complaint to supervisory authority -You also have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (e.g. of your country or domicile) where we have not addressed your concerns.
E. Maximum Information Retention Period:
We will store information collected from you as long as you are using our extension and website. Once you delete the extension, please send an erasure request in accordance with the above procedure.
F. How We Share Your Information:
1. Our corporate affiliates - from which we receive services, such as IT, security, storage, delivery of advertising campaigns, and other internal operations.
2. Service providers - We share your information with our service providers for the purpose of receiving services such as security, fraud detection and prevention, reporting, and storage.
3. Search results providers - The extension includes Yahoo’s and/or Microsoft’s search feed. You can read their privacy policies here:
for Yahoo: https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/search/details.html,
for Microsoft: http://go.Microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=248686
and got Google: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
4. Websites’ Owners and distribution partners. We disclose your information to websites’ owners and/or operators, and distribution partners for reporting and analytics purposes.
The GDPR Angle:
We do not collect or otherwise process personal data from individuals in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland whom we know to be under 16 years of age, except to comply with the law or to support our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of our app developers as described above.
H. International Transfers:
We store information that we collect from your device on our Amazon Web Services servers in the United States. Accordingly, please note that if you do not live in the United States, we will transfer your information to and store it in, the United States.
The GDPR Angle:
If you are located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, we will transfer your information to the United States based on the Standard Contractual Clauses. If you wish to receive a copy of these clauses, please contact us through the below contact details.
J. Contact Us:
Central Lofts, 5 waterloo Square, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 4DR,